One question that bothers everyone is how do I understand my natural abilities? Just because you fail to see your amazing qualities doesn’t mean that they are not there. Now the question is, how can you delve deeper into the awareness and understanding of your own strengths? Well, the below information given by Gallop Inc could be of great use for you to uncover your hidden talent and hone it further.
- Rapid learning: Certain things, no matter how good the teacher is, you don’t learn well. However, few things you learn fast. You love the learning experience, and they make you feel like you are hard-wired for it. Keep an eye on such items.
- Flow: As you are doing your work/activities, sometimes steps will come to you automatically as if it is programmed in your brain though you are not necessarily qualified for it. Make a record of such things.
- Glimpses of Excellence: As you are doing something, do you suddenly get to feeling that you did something extraordinary that only a few people can do? This is fantastic and is an indication of who you are.
- Satisfaction: These are signs of satisfaction. You may be really tired, but when you get involved in doing this particular activity, you get the energy and sense of joy. When you start experiencing such an energizing experience, it indicates one of your focus areas in life.
- Yearnings: Have you ever watched someone perform an activity and found yourself saying, “I want to do that!” We will have these kinds of feelings during the very early stages of life. Yearning is much like a pull of magnetic force, leading you to do a particular activity repeatedly.
It would help if you start doing something every day that scares you, whether it is speaking in a different language like English, debating on a topic with a friend, talking to strangers, participating in social forums or book reading programs, etc. You should come out of your comfort zone and enter into your courage zone. According to various studies on successful people, 60% of your activities should be in your comfort zone, and 40% should be in your courage zone. Try things that you have not tried before. That’s the only way you will reinvent yourself Spiritually, Physically, and Intellectually.
Focusing on weaknesses instead of strengths is like having a bag of coins – some of them are made of pure gold, and the remaining were made of stained copper. Then imagine how foolish would it be to set aside the gold coins to spend all your time cleaning and shining the copper coins in the hopes of making them look more valuable? No matter how long you spend cleaning the copper coins, they will never be worth what the gold ones are. That is why YOU must go with your greatest assets; don’t waste your time. Don’t let your weaknesses get in the way of you reaching your full potential. Focus on what you do well, and capitalize on that.
If you want to grow and you want to be successful in any way in your career, your relationships, your life – you’ve got to focus on strengths and manage around your weaknesses. A strength is an activity that strengthens you. Before you do it, you lean into it. While you do it, you feel like time speeds up. When you are done with it, you are energized. You look forward to doing it time and again. It’s an activity that leaves you feeling energized rather than depleted. Strength is more appetite than ability, and it’s that appetite that drives us to do more; be more, and become more. Every one of us has unique strengths. And every one of us will contribute more when we take our strengths seriously.
Find out what your talent is? What is your strength?
Before you go…
If you enjoyed this post, you would love my book, “Don’t Coast: Accelerate Your Personal and Professional Growth.”
Grab your copy from the below links:
- Amazon.in –> https://amzn.to/2COdigh
- Amazon.com –> https://amzn.to/397xwh4
- Amazon.co.uk –> https://amzn.to/2WFkfXV
- Notion Press –> https://notionpress.com/read/don-t-coast
- Flipkart –> https://bit.ly/3hxEWNx
Please subscribe to my social media channels:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kishoreborraofficialpage/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kishoreborra/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kishoreborra/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kishoreborra
- Blog: https://kishoreborra.com/