It took me only 3 hours to read “Our Iceberg Is Melting.” This book is fantastic, offbeat, but right on!! a MUST-READ!! I am now adding this to my “Books That Can Change Your Life” category on my bookshelf.
We live on different icebergs which are melting, or that could melt soon. Product lines that are aging, services that are decreasing in quality, a business strategy that makes increasingly little sense, a new strategy whose implementation is sinking into the ocean. Each of these situations needs change management.
Change is often difficult, and leading the process can be overwhelming. But change is constantly needed in any business, and this book provides a practical eight-step process for managing. My opinion is that this book simplifies change management so much.
The beauty is anyone can read it. People from software engineers to executives, homemakers to pastors, high school students to retirees can read to change and succeed under any conditions.
Below is the summary of the book:
The eight-step process of successful change.
Set the Stage
1) Create a sense of urgency.
2) Pull together the guiding team.
Decide what to do
3) Develop the change vision and strategy.
Make it happen
4) Communicate for understanding and buy-in.
5) Empower others to act by removing obstacles slowing down the organization’s progress.
6) Set short-term goals and produce wins.
7) Don’t let up. Keep up the momentum.
Make it stick
8) Create a new culture and make the change stick.
Before you go…
Please have a look at my books, “Don’t Coast” & “GET LEADERized,” which are available on Amazon, Flipkart & Notion Press
Please subscribe to my social media channels:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kishoreborraofficialpage/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kishoreborra/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kishoreborra/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kishoreborra