Friends, I am talking about those who set out themselves to exceed expectations. You don’t want to be average because nobody pays for average. You never go to an average restaurant with an average table and eat average food and walk out and see how excited you are with an average evening. People forget average so fast. You never go to your friends after having average food in an average restaurant and tell them that you are pumped and would like to return to the same restaurant again.
- What time do you go to work? 8 AM? Not you. Average people go to work on time. It would be best if you went to work a little early. How about 7.30 AM? Because you don’t want to be average.
- How much time do you get at lunch? 1hour. Not you. How long does it take to eat? 20 mins? 30 mins? One more thing while eating lunch, can you listen to some podcast that will enrich your knowledge or start learning a new skill? How good would it be if people can learn while they eat?
- What time do you get off work? 5 PM. Average people leave work on time and work average hours. Not you.
- Average people use their smartphones for doing all sorts of things. Not you. When you are working, only use your smartphone for calling and nothing else.
- Average people stop asking questions. Not you. Be curious and ask questions all the time.
- Average people don’t take care of their health. Not you. Love yourself and take care of your health and your body. Because without good health, you have nothing.
- Average people learn from other’s success stories. Not you. Learn from your own mistakes and the mistakes of others, in other words, from failure stories.
- Average people cannot withstand difficult times. Not you. Work on developing an attitude that sees opportunity in every difficulty and ready to convert every adversity into an advantage.
- Average people are not good observers. Not you. Be more observant. Notice everything that surrounds you. The world is full of examples, ideas, words, and wisdom.
- Average people do not pay attention to ideas. Not you. Collect ideas and thoughts which might evaporate from your mind too fast. Try to capture them before it’s too late.
- Average people do not read. Not you. Read a lot. Read at least 30 minutes per day reading. Ideally, have a book always with you.
- Average people do not analyze their day. Not you. Before going to bed, spend at least 10 minutes analyzing your day. Consider what things you have managed to do well and what mistakes you made.
- Average people don’t write journals. Not you. Start writing. The most significant value of good writing is that it cultivates discipline, the discipline of thinking.
- Average people don’t cherish friendships. Not you. Cherish all the beautiful friendships and never take them for granted.
Too many people are willing to settle for average in life. Only a few people are aware of the gap between where they are and where they could be; they read books and keep themselves in good company to close the gap. The average is the top of the bottom, the worst of the best. Somehow I’m not too fond of the idea of being marked as average. No organization pays well for average staff. Who are you? Are you someone settling for familiar things instead of what you want?
- It doesn’t matter what others say you can’t do; it only matters what you say you can do!
- It doesn’t matter if they don’t think you’re good enough; it only matters if you believe you’re good enough!
- And it doesn’t matter if they don’t believe your dreams are possible; it only matters if you believe your dreams are possible!
I encourage each one of you to develop your personal definition of success. Many people tie their definition of success to goals, which is a huge mistake. I also suggest you not link your definition of success with titles, positions, and numbers. Success is more significant, higher, and more profound than that. Success should know your purpose in life, growing to your maximum potential and sowing seeds to benefit others.
Before you go…
If you enjoyed this post, you would love my book, “Don’t Coast: Accelerate Your Personal and Professional Growth.”
Grab your copy from the below links:
- Amazon.in –> https://amzn.to/2COdigh
- Amazon.com –> https://amzn.to/397xwh4
- Amazon.co.uk –> https://amzn.to/2WFkfXV
- Notion Press –> https://notionpress.com/read/don-t-coast
- Flipkart –> https://bit.ly/3hxEWNx
You can subscribe to my social media channels:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kishoreborraofficialpage/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kishoreborra/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kishoreborra/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/kishoreborra
- Blog: https://kishoreborra.com/